Washington and Lee University School of Law in Lexington, Virginia, USA announces a scholarship for one qualified German LL.M. student.
The financial aid package will include:
* $10,000 tuition scholarship [provided by Washington & Lee Law School]
* employment as a research assistant [provided by Washington & Lee Law School]
* € 975/month (nine months) living-costs stipend [provided by DAAD- if the DAAD application is successful]
* airfare [provided by DAAD- if the DAAD application is successful]
* health insurance costs [provided by DAAD- if the DAAD application is successful]
The fellowship will require the student to work closely with W&L law professor Russell Miller in three distinct capacities:
1. Fellow will serve as a managing editor of the German Law Journal.
2. Fellow will serve as a teaching assistant in the German law related courses.
3. Fellow will be responsible for assisting Professor Miller with research on other comparative law related projects.
Three Part Application Process:
1. Applicants must apply to the W&L LL.M. program. Please note that the March 1st deadline for applications will be waived in this case.
2. Applicants for the W&L portions of the scholarship should send a C.V. and letter of interest by email to Prof. Russell Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Assoc. Dean Sidney Evans (email@example.com) no later than Friday, April 2, 2010.
3. Application for the DAAD portions of the scholarship must be made separately and in conformity with the DAAD’s application procedures – inclulding the 31 March 2010 deadline. Applications to the DAAD should clearly indicate interest in the W&L/GLJ Fellowship.