Journal of International Law of Peace and Armed Conflict (1-2)(2024)
The editorial board invites authors to submit papers to be published in the 1st issue of 2024. This issue’s topical focus is on Transitional Justice.
The Journal of International Law of Peace and Armed Conflict / Humanitäres Völkerrecht (JILPAC / HuV) specialises in the legal analysis surrounding armed conflicts. The Journal focuses on the contemporary challenges of international humanitarian law and related fields, including international human rights law and international criminal law as well as on practical challenges of humanitarian aid and peace missions. It publishes papers, commentaries, case notes, book reviews, and conference reports on current events and future developments of the law and of humanitarian action in both English and German.
For this special issue, we particularlyinvite submissions of articles focusing on the following topics:
- The role of transitional justice in the establishment of peace and human rights protection;
- The interplay of international humanitarian law and human rights law during the phase of transitional justice;
- The role of truth and justice commissions;
- Actors shaping transitional justice;
- Reparations and the promise of non-repetition;
- The role of vulnerable groups (e.g. women, children, LGBTIQ*) in transitional justice;
- Transitional justice from critical perspectives.
Submissions focusing on other topics are equally welcome.
Papers should be approx. 6,000 words inclusive of footnotes and must conform with the house style guide of the JILPAC (which is available on our website). Submissions, including a brief abstract and statement of affiliation should be sent to the Managing Editor of the JILPAC via e-mail: Spyridoula.Katsoni@ruhr-uni-bochum.de.
The deadline for submissions is 15 January 2024.